I wonder if I put a few words here?

Weekly Blog

I hope to learn how to learn more effectively through multimedia and interactive platforms in this course. One thing I’m not sure about in this course is that the teaching method of this course is a little different from ordinary courses. It requires browsing back and forth in many websites, and I am still taking time to get used to it. Multimedia is defined as “presenting both words (such as spoken text or printed text) and pictures (such as illustrations, photos, animation, or video). By words, I mean that the material is presented in verbal form, such as printed text or spoken text. By pictures, I mean that the material is presented in pictorial form, such as static graphics, including illustrations, graphs, diagrams, maps, or photos, or dynamic graphics, including animation or video” (Mayer 2014, p. 4). Because of the epidemic, the online courses that started last year are an obvious example. At first, I felt very uncomfortable with online classes, and felt that it was very difficult to concentrate. Later, I found that online classes are actually more flexible. You can watch the video of the previous class at any time before reviewing the exam. Among the top300 learning tools, the ones I am most familiar with are zoom and google. Because of online classes, I need to use zoom every day to take classes, and I often need to use google to find sources when writing papers.

Mayer, R. E. (Ed.). (2014). The Cambridge Handbook of Multimedia Learning (2nd ed.). Cambridge University Press. https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781139547369

1. shufenwei

Hi Ricky:

I am totally understand what’s your feeling about the format of this course. At the first week of this semester, I was very confused as well. But I believe we can make it! In your content, you mentioned the online courses, that’s definitely a good example. Like you said, when we taking the class by zoom, we can go back the video and review the class content for many time. That’s remind me the “Technology-centered Approaches”, which referred what Mayer has mentioned in the article.

Shufen Wei (Andy Wei)